Car insurance helps you to protect your car from unwanted hazards. It is probably as important as fuel and maintenance. Car insurance is a contract between the car owner and the insurance company which helps to minimise the costs if an accident occurs in which the car is damaged or any damage done by a third party. The car owner pays the premium amount time and time, and in return, the car insurance companies reimburse the cost of repairs. Every vehicle needs to mandatorily have a car insurance policy according to the law.
It might be a big task to choose the right car insurance policy. You need to do prior research before buying one. And therefore, in this section, we will help you out with the same.
Best Car insurance in India
We have listed down some good car insurance companies that you can consider to buy a policy from. Your decision should, however, be based on the benefits that are covered under the insurance plan. Check for the add-on covers like Roadside assistance, engine secure cover, personal belongings cover, zero depreciation cover, no claim bonus protection etc.
A- Bajaj Allianz car insurance
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance policy covers loss or damage to the car due to natural calamity, man-made calamities, personal accident cover, and third-party legal liability. The key benefits include:
- 24*7 Roadside assistance and SMS updates for claim support even on holidays.
- Transfer up to 50% of your existing No Claim Bonus (NCB) from any other car insurance provider
- Cashless claim settlement at over 4000 preferred garages across the country, bringing to you high service standards
- Get 75% on account payment facility based on requirement and when liability is above a certain limit
- Get a vehicle tracking and monitoring device with DriveSmart Telematics Service and a host of add-on covers included in it
- Towing Facility in the event of a vehicle breakdown or an accident
- Zero Depreciation Cover can be availed as an add-on cover with Car Insurance
B- Bharti AXA car insurance
Bharti AXA car insurance includes
- Natural disasters like earthquake, floods, cyclones etc
- Manmade disasters like Strike, Terrorism, Riot, Fire etc
- Personal accident cover for owner-driver. In this, the company provides coverage of Rs 15 lakhs for the owner-driver of the car and optional personal accident covers for passengers.
Following things are not included in the insurance:
- Damages caused to the car during drink and drive.
- Deliberate accidental loss
- Indulging in illegal activities like driving without valid ID or driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Driving private vehicle for commercial purpose.
To know more, click here
C- Reliance car insurance
Reliance General Car Insurance Plan includes the following benefits:
- 24*7 Roadside assistance
- Instant renewal without paperwork
- Comprehensive vehicle insurance cover
- Add-on covers for added protection
- Cashless network of more than 3800 garages.
To know more about the plan and pricing, click here.
D- Icici car insurance
The benefits of ICICI car insurance include:
- Free pickup, towing facility and wash benefits at selected garages.
- Cashless repair
- 6 months quality assurance on all repairs. (Terms and conditions applied)
- Loss assessment survey of the vehicle within 4 hours by dedicated Relationship Manager.
What to do in case of an accident?
- Note the number of the vehicle involved in the accident
- Note down the names and contact details of the witnesses
- Contact the toll-free number of ICICI car insurance. The number is 1800 2666 and get your claim number or reference number.
- The call centre representative will provide you with the details of the documents required for claim processing
- Also, file an FIR at the nearest police station.
To check Insurance price of ICICI, click here.